Klikkaa tästä sarjisblogiini!

tiistai 11. joulukuuta 2007

Diary of A Madman

My first and still my dearest Ozzy album. After leaving Black Sabbath Ozzy formed Blizzard of Ozz. Their first album was selftitled. The follow-up, Diary of A Madman was a little bit controversy effort.

The album credited Rudy Sarzo and Tommy Aldridge on bass and drums although those were played by Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake. Rudy and Tommy were from his current tour band. To make this even more complicated Don Airey was not credited for playing keyboards.

But if you dont mind that you will find this album somewhat dark, funny and full of rich guitar playing.

The highlight of songs is "S.A.T.O." - Randy's guitar has never sound so fresh and so easy. Personally I find the title song something like personal scream for help;

"Voices in the darkness,
Scream away my mental health,
Can I ask a question,
to help me save me from myself
"

It seems that somebody had an answer and we still rock with Ozzy Osbourne after all those crazy years......

Ei kommentteja: